In early 1993, the Douglas County Division of Senior Services and the Senior’s Council of Douglas County recognized a need to provide more funding to local senior service providers within Douglas County. To accomplish this, the Douglas County Division of Senior Services and the Senior’s Council of Douglas County created the Douglas County Senior Services Foundation (DCSSF), a private, not-for-profit community-based 501(c)(3) foundation. The DCSSF has been governed by a group of local volunteers who have given generously of their time, talents, and money to develop the DCSSF.
The mission of the Douglas County Senior Services Foundation is to understand the ever changing needs of our senior community and to provide funds in order to enhance the well being of the senior population in Douglas County while working with other local organizations to address immediate and emerging community needs.
- We are an independent, volunteer, action-oriented group of public spirited individuals, dedicated to supporting senior community issues of real concern.
- We will carefully review all grant requests and evaluate allocation of funds based on defined needs and goals.
- We believe that seniors are a major contributing resource to the Douglas County community.
- To address any challenges that may affect seniors.
- To raise funds through grants, community groups, businesses, private foundations, wills, estates, bequests and the general public, with matching grants from the Douglas County Board of Commissioners.
- To allocate and disburse funds to those organizations that meet defined needs and enhance the well being of seniors within Douglas County.
- To annually evaluate the activities and goals of the foundation in order to address the changing needs within our senior population and community.